February 21, 2020
Portland Art Museum
Join OHBA for our Annual Dinner at the Portland Art Museum on February 21, 2020!
OHBA is currently accepting nominations for the 2020 Paul J. De Muniz Professionalism Award. The award will be presented at the Dinner. OHBA seeks to recognize individuals committed to the advancement of Hispanic and Latinx attorneys in Oregon and promotion of issues pertinent to Hispanic, Latinx, and minority communities through advocacy, education and communication. The recipient must be a member in good standing of the Oregon State Bar with a demonstrated commitment to a variety of characteristics, including:
1. Mentoring/leadership roles;
2. Professional reputation;
3. Exceptional courage in the face of adversity;
4. Work to promote diversity in the bench and bar;
5. Work to promote diversity in the general Oregon community;
6. Work to increase access to justice for minorities, LGBTQ+ community, disabled community, and military veterans;
7. Efforts in providing free or low-cost services to the poor;
8. Exemplary service to the Latinx community;
9. Outstanding service to the Oregon State Bar and Bench;
10. Outstanding service to Oregonians;
11. Exceptional volunteer/pro bono work and community service;
12. Involvement with OHBA; and
13. Involvement with other specialty bar organizations.
Nominations are due December 10, 2019. Please e-mail your nomination to email@example.com.